How to Develop a Hit Facebook App: 29 Essential Tools and Tutorials
Web Discoveries for November 30th
These are my del.icio.us links for November 30th
- Use WordPress to Create Amazing Sites – WordPress Arena –
Some more inspiring sites and tools for WordPress development.
- NewTeeVee’s Next Big Thing List for 2009 –
Worth a read for anyone interested in the future of online television.
- Listorious: Discover the Best Twitter Lists –
The first, and probably best directory of awesome lists on Twitter.
- populair.eu –
Great set of links for multiple topics inc. web design, software, gadgets, news, social, music & video.
- 8 ways to make WordPress easier to use for your clients –
Useful for a couple of projects, and a good demonstration of the power of WordPress as a great content management system.
Web Discoveries for November 16th
These are my del.icio.us links for November 16th
- 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die…in Spotify –
This guy has found 785 of the 1001 albums we’re all meant to hear before we die (according to a recent book), as Spotify links. Awesome.
- thiscyborglife – Gizmodo –
This week, Gizmodo is exploring the enhanced human future in a segment we call This Cyborg Life. It’s about what happens when we treat our body less as a sacred object and more as what it is: Nature’s ultimate machine.
- Joomla Developer’s Toolbox – Smashing Magazine –
My new hobby, and once again Smashing Mag has the ultimate article on how it all works.
- Ultimate Round-Up Of 60 Excellent Gimp Tutorials | Tutorials | instantShift –
I’m hoping to get a laptop soon, that’ll only run Open Source software. This list will come in handy.
- Color Scheme Designer 3 –
Mmmm – colour schemes! Useful for an upcoming project.
Web Discoveries for October 5th
These are my del.icio.us links for October 5th
- Things you didn’t know VLC media player can do – ElaKiri Community –
My favourite media player has some secret special moves, and here’s a list of them.
- How to Write a Facebook Application in 5 Minutes – Facebook Apps Tutorial for Non-Developers –
Oooh – interesting! Might have a go at this.
- ignore the code –
Some excellent learnings here into how users read & write comments. Lots of other usability findings. Numberlicious.
- Touch | Interaction with RFID and NFC –
An amazing resource for those interested in this space.
- Let Me Google That For You –
Neat little tool that creates videos of the search queries your lazy friends really should have done first before asking you.
Web Discoveries for September 2nd
These are my del.icio.us links for September 2nd
- Hack This Site! –
A brave concept – education through civil disobedience. These brave people train hackers by inviting them to hack their own site!
- Designing for Social Traction (slide deck) – Bokardo –
Definitely worth a read if you're a developer or have clients looking to launch a new online service.
- TwitterKeys: Enhance your Twitter conversations – The Next Web –
A handy reference guide to putting nice images in your tweets.
- Dropular – Media Bookmarking –
My new favourite source of inspiration. I urge you to check it out now.
- TutorialMagazine.com – Photoshop Pen Tool: The Comprehensive Guide –
Man, this article reminded me how much I miss Photoshop. I need to fix my computer.